- As the name suggested, El Al Israel is a national airline for Israel formed in 1948.
- It owns 36 passenger aircrafts and 1 cargo plane.
- It employs approximately 6,000 people.
- It is listed in Tel Aviv Stock Exchange with a market capitalization of almost 300,000 NIS thousands or about US86 million dollars. (NIS is abbreviated for New Israel Shekel - Israeli currency)
- Airlines industry has been the hardest hit since global financial crisis in 2008 and most airlines are struggling to generate net profit.
- El Al's revenues over the past 3 financial years are steadily at USD 2 billion. However, its net loss is USD 20m and USD 50m in 2012 and 2011, respectively